The calculation of the best time to publish is based on the following:
Day of the Week
- We use 12 weeks of YouTube Analytics data to calculate the day of the week
- YouTube's analytic data can take a few days to update so we start the 12 week calculation 3 days prior to the calculation date.
- We add the subscriber view data and the non-subscriber view data for each day of the week over the last 12 weeks.
- The day of the week with the most subscriber/non-subscriber view combination is the Day of the Week we use
Time of Day
- The Time of Day is based on on looking at comments on up to 25 channel videos.
- We get up to 1,000 comments on each of the 25 videos
- For each comment we log what time of day the comment occurred.
- The Time of Day is based on the time of day with the most video comments.