Before giving instructions on how to set up your TubeBuddy account, it is important you understand how accessing TubeBuddy features for different channels works.
Some TubeBuddy features are embedded directly into YouTube's website and some features run separately on TubeBuddy's website.
- All access to the features contained on YouTube's website is based on the channel. So, if you log into www.youtube.com as the owner of the channel you will automatically get access to TubeBuddy
- If you want to give someone else access to the channel's on YouTube's website, you must use Google/YouTube's channel management processes - https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/4628007?hl=en.
- Please note per the link above your channel must be tied to a Brand Account. To see if your channel is tied to a brand account follow these instructions - https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/7286468
- If your channel is not tied to a Brand account, you can move it to a Brand account following these instructions - https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/7286468
NOTE: be sure and review all the notes on the previous link as to the impact of moving to a Brand account.
- For features that are contained on TubeBuddy's website, you must follow our authorization process - https://www.tubebuddy.com/tools#channelaccess
So for setting up a TubeBuddy account when you have multiple Google accounts and multiple channels, we suggest the following:
- Go to https://www.tubebuddy.com/signin and click on "Sign in with Google." This will take you to Google's OAuth page. Select the desired email and your TubeBuddy account will be created.
- You'll be redirected to https://www.tubebuddy.com/account. Once there, click on the green Add Channel button to add channels to your TubeBuddy account. When you add the channel, you will need to make sure you're logged into Google with whatever account is tied to the channel. To be clear, you don't have to log into TubeBuddy with that account but you must be logged into Google so you can select the channel.
- Use the authorization processes described above to give your TubeBuddy account access to the channels, if necessary.
If you are still unsure, check out our video on how to add a channel to the TubeBuddy dashboard: